HopeHealth’s Celebrate Summer Memories
August 21 at 6pm
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
New York Times bestselling author Lisa Genova will be the featured speaker at this year’s Celebrate Summer Memories. She is the author of Still Alice, Left Neglected and Love Anthony. Still Alice has been adapted to an upcoming film starring Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth and Hunter Parrish. Genova travels worldwide speaking about Alzheimer’s disease, traumatic brain injury and autism. She has appeared on several TV shows and was featured in an Emmy award-winning documentary film.
Celebrate Summer Memories will be held on Thursday, August 21, at the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club in Harwich at 6:00 p.m. In its fourth year, the auction benefits Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services, formerly known as Alzheimer’s Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, now part of HopeHealth’s family of services.
The Celebrate Summer Memories event supports Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s programming and support services for those living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. With over 10,000 individuals affected by this disease in the Cape Cod region, it’s vital that the community support this event. You can make a difference and help the individuals and caregivers dealing with dementia.
Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services provides a wide range of essential services on Cape Cod and the surrounding area for caregivers and their loved ones living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia and for healthcare professionals and community agencies.
Celebrate Summer Memories’ proceeds help support free services to the community for those living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia and their caregivers, including:
- Telephone helpline and email support
- Memory screenings
- Various support groups for caregivers and their loved ones living with dementia
- Respite grants provided to caregivers for short-term breaks
- Accredited education for healthcare professionals and community education
Celebrate Summer Memories is an elegant evening with hors d’oeuvres, live music from The Mark Greel Band and a live and silent auction. Enthusiasts and supporters from all over the region attend the auction to support the Alzheimer’s and dementia cause.
The generosity of this year’s sponsors help Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services provide extraordinary services to people dealing with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease in the community. This year’s sponsors include Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, Independence Park, Athena Health Care Systems, Atria Woodbriar and Harbor Point at Centerville.
Some of this year’s auction items include:
- New England Patriots jersey signed by quarterback Tom Brady
- Shark Experience through the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy. Two guests will spend one day in August or September on a shark adventure, departing from the Chatham Fish Pier. If a new shark is spotted without a prior tag, the winner bidders can name the shark
- A week’s stay at the elegant Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa Valley, CA
- A masterpiece portrait on canvas with artist hand painted detail to be created at Pierre Hotel in NY, includes one night stay
- Two week condo vacation at Lime Tree Beach Resort in Lido Key, near Sarasota, FL
The honorary chair is Mark Novota, managing partner at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club and the event chair is Richard Morgano, Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services committee member.
Buy tickets early to this elegant evening:
- Visit HopeHealthCo.org/events
- Call (508) 957-0254
- Email [email protected]